Well, Release “Smaug” is rapidly approaching completion and it’s time to give some thought to what the next release’ll have in it. I’ve code named it Kilgrave. Why? Well… Kilgrave was kind of a narcissist and since I plan on giving some love to the Player Profiles I thought it kind of appropriate.
So here’s the things I want to address with the Kilgrave release:
- Update the look of the player profiles so they’re a bit more consistent with the site layout. They’re not bad right now but there’s some whacky layout decisions I made early on that need to be addressed.
- Probably the most important bit: Player battle stats need to be revamped and get similar treatment to the factions.
- Introduce stats for other types of content. Maybe not quite so indepth but at least enough to give you an idea where you’re at.
- I’d like to introduce a site wide battle rating system based on acknowledged battles. This may or may not make it in.
- I’d like to introduce “privacy/notification” settings so you can control what sort of email is sent to you by the iTS system.
And now for some additional stuff that needs to be addressed:
- Any bugs that show up from Smaug (although these may end up as Hot fix releases depending upon their severity).
- A revamp of the home page for folks who aren’t registered.
- Finish the migration from Mailchimp.
- Start the migration from UserVoice.
Those last two, Mailchimp and UserVoice… I mean to comment on that and I will. Promise. The short version: I want to reduce the number of “channels” I have out in the world. It’s too hard for you, my valued member, to manage the interactions with iToysoldiers if I’m using third party platforms. They’re really slick and I’m going to lose a bit of functionality (purely on the back end of things) but I think the trade off of having yours truly as the owner of all elements of iToysoldiers will help with piece of mind. I hope so at any rate.
Anyway, that’s what’s planned for Kilgrave. If you have any input on what you’d like to see on your player profiles I’d love to hear about it. Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll take a gander.