So I just wanted to let you know about what’s currently being worked on for iToysoldiers right now. I have a release scheduled for next week that’ll include the following:
- I’m redesigning the look and feel of the Achievement pages. They’ll be cleaner and it’ll be much easier to see who’s earned a given achievement.
- I’m fixing the “bulk award” achievement rule so that it doesn’t generate quite so much email. This is a little thing ’cause it’s not often that I introduce a whole bunch of achievements.
- I’m going through and fixing some of the older achievements to use better code.
- In an effort to make navigation a bit easier I’m totally revamping the left nav menu. Rather than being clever with titles like, “Order of Battle” I’m going to be using the categories of Gaming, Narrative, and Modelling for the major features. Theater will still be events. Think, “Where, when, and who to play” and Gazetteer will be collapsed into Community.
- General bug fixes that probably won’t really be noticed.
Bug Hunt 2017
Oh, and don’t forget that Bug Hunt 2017 is running right now. If you have any bugs, feature requests, or comments, do not hesitate to zip over to the iToysoldiers Help Portal and submit them. You’ll be entered for a chance to win $25 at your favorite game store.
Rob @ iToysoldiers
Greetings, Commander! I’m delighted to announce that as of right now, iToysoldiers has begun awarding achievements for your work on painting up your miniatures! There’s a new category of achievements, aptly titled, “Modelling” that shows off who’s been doing the most work on their armies.
Right now there’s three new achievements:
- Modeller: for submitting a modelling project.
- Requisition: a leveled achievement for aquiring models.
- Uniform Regulation: another leveled achievement for completing ’em.
You should get on earning some of these by tracking your modelling on iToysoldiers.
Oh, and this new release also fixed about 53 bugs that’ve been sitting around and bothering me. Granted, you probably won’t notice the bulk of the work on these since they’re largely back end type stuff but every little bit works to make iToysoldiers faster, better, and more stable. Yay me!
Of course there’s always more to do and I’m sure I continue to miss stuff (or there’s something I haven’t even considered) so if you want to make a feature request or report a bug feel free to do so at the iToysoldiers Help Portal. In the meantime:
Rob @ iToysoldiers
Good morning, commander!
I implemented release code name, “Hastur” today. Honestly, the changes are fairly minimal. Mostly backend battle report type stuff. There’s a minor change to the layout of the battle reports to put tem more in line with other types of content as well as playing with the tools bar. What do you think of the buttons as opposed to the straight links?
Oh! The main Battle Report page also has new tabs that show all battles, your battles, trending battles, and battles of folks you follow. I’m going to be adding that to most sections eventually.
Also, I fixed the achievement logic for battle oriented achievements. Now they trigger when you create a battle so you don’t have to wait for a modification, a new battle or someone to acknowledge the battle. I also cleaned it up so that it’ll be easier to implement new achievements in the future and that’s a good thing.
Lastly, I made some improvements to the look and feel of the monthly battle champion achievement. Look for it on July 1st. It’s more better.
See… Not a terribly interesting release really. But that brings me to a bit of a chatter about the next release: “Smaug”. Smaug’s going to bring in something I’ve been threatening to do for a long time, namely, support for the Privateer Press Steamroller tournament format. The good news is that the rule set isn’t terribly different from the existing Swiss format that’s the bread and butter of the iToysoldiers Tournament Manager. When I built the tournament system I tried to think ahead and allow for a modular building block system. Now I’m calling it the “War Zone Framework” and all the event management stuff is being driven through it. Seems to be working pretty well. Anyway. That’s what I’m working on.
If you have any suggestions for improvements to the site or things you’d like to see I’m all ears! Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or post a comment here.