So I just wanted to let you know about what’s currently being worked on for iToysoldiers right now. I have a release scheduled for next week that’ll include the following:
- I’m redesigning the look and feel of the Achievement pages. They’ll be cleaner and it’ll be much easier to see who’s earned a given achievement.
- I’m fixing the “bulk award” achievement rule so that it doesn’t generate quite so much email. This is a little thing ’cause it’s not often that I introduce a whole bunch of achievements.
- I’m going through and fixing some of the older achievements to use better code.
- In an effort to make navigation a bit easier I’m totally revamping the left nav menu. Rather than being clever with titles like, “Order of Battle” I’m going to be using the categories of Gaming, Narrative, and Modelling for the major features. Theater will still be events. Think, “Where, when, and who to play” and Gazetteer will be collapsed into Community.
- General bug fixes that probably won’t really be noticed.
Bug Hunt 2017
Oh, and don’t forget that Bug Hunt 2017 is running right now. If you have any bugs, feature requests, or comments, do not hesitate to zip over to the iToysoldiers Help Portal and submit them. You’ll be entered for a chance to win $25 at your favorite game store.
Rob @ iToysoldiers
So here’s what I’m working on right now:
Achievements for modelling projects
That’s right! You’re going to be able to earn achievements for your model collection. That’s great news for folks who’re on iToysoldiers to pimp their painting studio or aren’t really all that interested in the battle achievements (or you’re like me and you love playing but you suck something fierce).
BUG BUG BUG Fixes
So on the backend there’s a whack of niggly little issues. I’m working my way through ’em. If you could only see my GIT commit log. It’s shocking that iTS even works. *snicker.
Greetings, commander! iToysoldiers is pleased to announce a wee little release to address something that’s kind of been a problem for a long time but really reared its ugly head in the last couple of days. As of January 23rd, 2017 iToysoldiers fully supports utf8mb4 encoding! Isn’t that exciting? Sounds impressive doesn’t it? Well, what it means is that if your comment, post, whathaveyou has an emoticon or other special character the site will no longer toss an error and trash your content. This was a particular issue when using a mobile device. But it’s fixed now. Yay!
Just one more in a long list of improvements to authoring content on iToysoldiers!
Now… I know there’s other annoying things so if you have any that are really driving you batty please let me know. The best way is through the iToysoldiers Help Portal.
Rob @ iToysoldiers
So I stumbled across the coolest thing ever! Okay. Maybe not the coolest thing ever but it’s pretty slick and I have to say it’s going to make some of the UI issues you’ve been experiencing go away.
It’s the Chosen jQuery library (which you can find here: https://harvesthq.github.io/chosen/). Essentially it does magic things to select boxes on forms and makes ’em WAY easier to deal with.
I’m currently playing around with it on the good ol’ dev server and I have to say, I’m pleased with the results. It even works pretty well on a mobile device. Now… I guess that is to say that it doesn’t modify the interface that iOS throws on top of select fields and that’s actually brilliant.
Oh, I think you’re going to like the results, my friends.