I’ll admit that I get distracted with nifty new things that I can add to iToysoldiers.com. It’s extremely tempting to fiddle with new features and unfortunately that comes at the expense of things that one might consider to be “core” features. So over the last week or so I’ve been thinking about what the core features of iToysoldiers are from a player perspective and I’m committing to polishing those up. Here’s the list I’ve come up with for each of the three major aspects of the hobby:
- Battle Reports and Stats: Kind of where iToysoldiers started. I mean, the original tagline of the site was, “We have stats. Stats are cool”. To be fair, I’m always working on making this better. The Kilgrave release is going to see some new player stat pages that I think you’ll like. Submit a battle and let me know how I can improve them.
- ListCrit: I’m kinda bummed that more folks don’t take advantage of the listcrit system. I find a lot of folks use the Army Profile and/or blog functions to post their lists. That’s cool. I mean, use it how you want, right? ListCrit was inspired by the ship buildout tools for Eve Online. I need to revisit this ’cause I think I may have made it too cumbersome. But anyway, a place to get peer reviews of your army list is pretty neat, right?
Any thoughts on how I can make ListCrit better?
- Modelling Projects: The first thing I need to do is decide how I’m going to spell this on the site. “Modelling” and “modeling” are both correct depending upon what country you’re from. But I digress. This is one of the newer features on the site. Immediate needs are stats and achievements related to the projects.
Take a look at the modelling projects and let me know what you think of where they’re at right now.
- Army Profiles: So the inspiration for army profiles are those old Index Astartes articles in White Dwarf. I don’t have any specific plans right now to improve it (there was a release not too long ago that added some authoring tools that are kind of cool. Any feedback on the Army Profiles as they are?
So that’s my list, from a player perspective. Did I miss any that I should be focusing on? Any ideas for improvements on them? Don’t hesitate to let me know.
- Email: email@example.com
- Handy dandy iToysoldiers Help Portal
- Comment here.